Safer alternative locations exist for the electric substation, for example within the secure perimeter at Logan Airport.
- Risk of fire and electrocution in case of flooding (the substation site is in the 1% flood plain).
- Loss of open space in a community that is getting denser by the day
- Risk to officers in the station immediately next door
- Industrial look-and-feel and reality in what is a beautiful coastal setting
- Potential re-routing of coastal flooding around the area into neighborhood residences and community assets
Published by Kannan
Urban farmer, ecology enthusiast, community organizer, sustainability educator, climate resiliency consultant.
View more posts